Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday, April 9 - Meatballs

Finally the weather is what you would expect for April in Florida. After wasting most of the morning we went over to the Coconut Cove rec center and played some tennis. Playing tennis may be stretching it. I haven't had a racquet in my hand since last fall and haven't done much aerobic exercise since then either. I didn't realize I was in such bad shape until I ran out of breath so quickly. Can't wait for "silver sneakers."
After tennis and a snack we went to the pool. The water was wonderful, warmer than the air or at least it felt that way when we got out of the water. We were back at the house by 4:00 to watch the Masters.












Dinner is homemade tonight. I made meatballs, even made my own breadcrumbs. They came out really good. I can list the ingredients but since I didn't use a recipe can't give very exact amounts.

1 lb ground beef (we had ground sirloin - it was on sale)
4 thick slices of whole wheat bread toasted and crumbled
1 egg
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk - I just poured some in
Onion to taste
1 garlic clove
Seasonings - I used Italian, pepper and parsley because that's what we have here
Grated parmesan cheese

Put cut up onions, chopped garlic, egg, milk, seasonings in blender and blend until pretty much liquified.
Add to ground beef and bread crumbs. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Mix well and form into large balls.
Put into saucepan with your favorite sauce and cook for 1/2 hour. Start at a medium temperature and when bubbles turn down to low.
Serve over your favorite pasta.

Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment