Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter, April 12


We went to Easter Vigil last night at St. Timpthy's so when we got up this morning we were able to get out early and play tennis before it got too hot. Today early was 8:30 so it's a good thing we didn't plan on going to church at 7:00 AM which was what we were going to do it we didn't go last night.

We went to the courts near us and both were empty. For the first set I must have been possessed by some other force because I was ahead 5-4 but then I choked and lost 7-5. The next set I lost 7-2 or 7-3, I don't remember and then we did best 2 out of 3 and Larry once again beat me 2-1. But 5 games for me is a record now. I was really hitting them, if only I would move.

We came home and had a french toast breakfast, we were so hungry we ate before I could take any pictures but they looked as good as they tasted. We had some grapefruit while we were waiting for the food to cook and can't get over how sweet and delicious the grapefruit are. We want to remember to get some to take home because the taste is so much better than what we get at home.

Then I went on to solve the mystery of the week. Now we're really going to sound dumb here but not as dumb as we could have been if we had to ask someone. We thought our golf cart came with headlights. We could see the little light bulbs and in the instructions the owner left she mentioned how the lights have to be on after dusk. But we couldn't figure out how to turn them on. We searched all over for a headlight switch and couldn't find one. We tried to see if the blinker lights turned in a different way or if the hazard light did something different but to no avail. So I went online and found instructions for installing a light kit in the E-Z Go golf cart and it mentioned all this wiring through the ignition. Sure enough, turn the ignition key to the second turn and the lights go on. There it was right in front of our noses. We knew it had to be simple.

We didn't do much of anything yesterday except go grocery shopping and take a walk in the afternoon so I didn't think it deserved an entry of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment