Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday, April 10


We did it all today. First we played tennis. We rode the golf cart over to the recreation center closest to us, Coconut Cove but both courts were taken. Since it's Easter break week there are lots of families and kids visiting so things are more crowded than usual. Last year we were the only ones on the tennis courts. Then we went to the Canal Street rec center and there was an empty court. This rec center only had 4 pickleball courts compared to the usual 6. We played for an hour, of course Larry beat me 6-1, 6-0 but it's only my 2nd time playing since last fall and he's been playing once a week all winter. Excuses, excuses. The best I've ever done is 6-4 so I'm working to get back to that and better. We played around 11:30 which was a good time if it's not too hot because the sun is in a good position overhead so ias not to be in your eyes from either side of the court.
Later we went to the pool for about an hour and a half and then came back to play golf.

We did the after 4:00 golf special again. We played at Mallory Hills on Caroline and Virginia. I had my best score ever on Caroline (53 for 9 holes) but I was playing my own version of best ball. If I didn't like my first shot I would drop another ball and used the best one - but not that often. In order for Larry to get in 18 holes before dark I quit after 5 on the 2nd 9 and the timing was perfect and we were home before dark. It looks like we have headlights on our golf cart but we haven't figured out how to turn them on yet.

Dinner was simple and delicious. Vodka and tonic first (we need to get another bottle of vodka) and then heaping tuna salad sandwiches.

Another day in Adult Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment