Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday, April 4

Today we made the most of our day. It was the best day of weather since we've been down here. In the morning we hung out around the house, doing our stretches, some computer time and we never even turned on the TV.
In the afternoon we went to the pool for a couple of hours. We slathered on 30 before leaving the house and and took the golf cart over to the pool. We got good spots in the sun. Larry went in the pool right away and then pulled out his book and got comfortable in the loung chair. I went straight for the chair, with my book and after I got sufficiently hot I went in to cool off. About 20 minutes later Larry dragged his chair into the shade but I continued to sweat it out. I finally moved into the shade for a little while but then it was back to the sun. We only stayed about 2 hours. Larry is already 5 shades darker than me.
After coming backfrom the pool we got ready for golf. Our plan was to play around 4:30. After 4:00 you can play on the championship golf courses for the price of 9 holes but keep playing until dark. What I love about it is that we can play by ourselves and usually there's no one behind us.
What a day for wildlife. The following pictures are just from today.First I saw this gecko on the screen of the lanai.







Next I heard a rustling in the grass and saw the snake. I originally thought ir was just one and then I called Larry and he saw that there were two of them. I got both of them in the picture. Click on it so it gets larger and you can see both of them











These are just some of all the birds we saw.










There were a lot of frogs croaking here but we never saw any of them.

We didn't get home until almost 8:00 so we couldn't have a big dinner. Of course, we couldn't miss out Vodka and Tonic, Larry makes the best vodka and tonics! We had hot dogs and sauerkraut. Larry also had a salad, always the healthy one - I had eaten too many pretzels when we were playing golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment