Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Monday, April 6

The weather forecast for today was rainy and/or windy. I found that there was a Redbox at the nearby Walmart so we decided that we would have a movie marathon day.

We did our stretching in the morning and then went over to Walmart. We got the James Bond movie Quantum of Solace, Australia and You Don't Mess with the Zohan with Adam Sandler. We stopped at The Fresh Market on our way over to Walmarts and Publix on our way back. We have healthy fruit. And some not so healthy but good apple pie that I could pretend I made, but I didn't.








When we got home we started our moviethon. First we saw Australia, don't know why it got such bad reviews. It was long but enjoyable. Then we followed it with the Bond movie. I have to admit I didn't pay very close attention so was very lost for whatever scenes I did watch.
For dinner we had pulled pork that we put in the crockpot in the morning.
It's an easy recipe.
We used a 4 pound pork butt, also called called pork shoulder or picnic.
Cut off all visible fat and put in a crockpot. Add cut up onion and some seasonings, whatever you like. No mattter what you put into this it tastes good.
Add barbecue sauce - 1/2 large bottle
Cook on high for 6 hours.
After cooked, shred the pork, add some of the juice from the crockpot and return to crockpot to keep warm.

Larry watched basketball and I watched Dancing with the Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment