Sunday, April 18, 2010

Google Map

Yesterday when I was sending directions for my cousin Michael to get here I noticed on Google maps that there was a place to submit errors. I noticed earlier that the street we're on "Dowding Way" in The Villages is labelled incorrectly with the same name as the cross street "Southern Trace" so I sent them a note about it. Today I got a reply. I never told them mapquest had it right because I didn't look till after I sent the correction. Glad I could help!

From: noreply-maps-issues@google.com
Date: April 18, 2010 1:18:33 AM EDT
To: barbboudens@gmail.com
Subject: Google Maps Problem Report (ID: 9C78-F503-B369-3C3C)

Hi Barbara,

Your Google Maps problem report has been reviewed, and you were right! We'll update the map soon and email you when you can see the change.

Report history
Problem ID: 9C78-F503-B369-3C3C

Your report: The street where I have the final destination is called Dowding Way NOT Southern Trace which is a major road that intersects with it.
--
Thanks for your help,
The Google Maps team

No comments:

Post a Comment