Monday, June 27, 2011

Seasonings

I've made a few different seasoning blends but I bought an Herbes de Provence that I have never used and the container didn't itemize out what was in it so I looked it up.
I'm going to include all my recipes right here for future use.  I found it very handy to tape the ingredients for each mixture on the jar when I make it so I never have to wonder where I put the recipe but this will be a handy spot too.

Emeril's Herbes de Provence
2 tablespoons dried savory

2 tablespoons dried
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons dried2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons dried
2 tablespoons dried fennel seed
In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Store in an air-tight container. 

Blackened Seasoning
2 tablespoons ground paprika
1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dfied basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

Mix all ingredients together and store in air-tight container.

Emeril's Essence
5 tablespoons sweet paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried thyme
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend well.  Store in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months.


Italian Seasoning
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment