Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meal in a Glass

I normally don't like to drink my calories (Points Plus) but sometimes it's good, especially if it's something cold on a hot day.
Well, today wasn't hot but I was in the mood for a smoothie and I knew Larry would take me up on the offer to make one for him too.  I haven't made one of these in a long time but I still had a lot of fruit left over from bridge the other night and this was a good way to enjoy it.  I usually have a bag of frozen mixed fresh fruit that I buy from BJs.  Is that right, can frozen be fresh?  Anyway, I think it's fast frozen fresh fruit, no anything added but I didn't have that this time but I did have a bag of just strawberries.  I like to use the frozen fruit because it helps make the smoothie colder and thicker.  This is the recipe I made today.
Strawberry Banana+ Smoothie
1 pkg Weight Watchers Strawberry Banana smoothie (these are available at WW meeting locations)
1/2 cup skim milk plus enough ice to bring it up to 1 cup
Handful of blueberries 
Handful of strawberries
1/2 banana 
Pineapple equivalent to handful (too messy to grab a handful)
1/2 container (3 oz) Blueberry nonfat Greek yogurt        
    (I like the Greek yogurt better because it is thicker)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Splenda to taste
Put all ingredients into blender and process at Frappe setting (next to the highest on my machine) until all the ingredients are blended and the ice is completely dissolved.  Better without any ice pieces in it.  Sometimes I can taste tiny little pieces of ice and I just throw it all back in the blender until smooth.  It makes a large, thick, cold, filling, and delicious drink good for a snack or meal.  4.5 Points Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment