Friday, March 19, 2010

Tuna Noodle Casserole




I used to make this recipe every time Greta came home from college. For some reason I always thought this was her favorite meal. It wasn't until many years later that she told me it wasn't. I guess she was just too nice to tell me back then when I thought I was doing something special for her.

This is a microwave recipe.
Serves 4 to 6

Tuna Noodle Casserole
1 pkg (3-oz) cream cheese
1 can (10¾-oz) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
3 cups (6-oz) cooked noodles
1 can (6½ to 7-oz) tuna, drained
¼ cup chopped onions (green or yellow)
1 Tbls parsley
⅛ tsp pepper
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Paprika

Soften cream cheese in a 2-qt. casserole 20 to 25 seconds at High.
Blend in soup.
Stir in noodles, tuna, onions, parsley and pepper.
Microwave at High 5 minutes. Stir well.
Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
Microwave 4 to 6 minutes, until heated through.
or
Put in oven @ 350°F for 30 minutes for a nicely browned top


No comments:

Post a Comment