Thursday, March 25, 2010

On the road

We once again planned on leaving at 9:00 but we actually pulled out of the driveway at 9:26. We did a great job of packing the car and actually have a few empty holes right behind the front seat on the floor in the center. Perfect for little things we accumulate on the way or just stuffing anything. The only downside so far is that once I got the GPS set and was ready for my coffee I realized I left it home so now I'm dying for it.




There was a definite plus side to leaving the coffee at home. I didn't need a bathroom break for about 4 1/2 hours.

We need to remember that there isn't an Exxon gas station along the route before Harrisburg.
The first one is at Exit 24 on Rt 82, Shippensburg.

Well, we were making great time until we were 5 miles from our hotel. Then we got stuck in Rush Hour traffic in Fredericksburg, VA. It took us 45 minutes to go the 5 miles. We decided to avoid getting onto 95 which was bumper to bumper so we stayed on the side roads but they were just as bad.




It was so nice to see the Magnolias in bloom when we arrived.
We went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner after I downloaded the nutritional value of their meals from their website. We both had the Santa Fe chicken salad which calculated out to 16 points but I'm assuming that had to include the salad dressing which I didn't eat. Nothing else had many points in it.

Location:Rush,United States


No comments:

Post a Comment