This is the Two Bean Chili Recipe from the March/April 2008 issue of Weight Watchers magazine.
I don't follow it precisely, I usually use more ground beef and more cumin. I omit the salt and the olive oil.
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 3/4 lb lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
* 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 28 ounces diced tomatoes
* 15 1/2 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 15 1/2 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
* 2 scallions, sliced
1. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili powder and cumin.
4. Cook until the vegetables are softened, 3-4 minutes.
5. Stir in the tomatoes, beans and salt and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the chili thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve topped with the sour cream and scallions.