Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

I had loads of blueberries so thought I would make some blueberry muffins.  I found a recipe that had great reviews and decided to make it.  The original recipe is at the AllRecipes Site http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/to-die-for-blueberry-muffins/detail.aspx but I changed it a little and that's what I'm including here:



BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons sugar or enough to cover


DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. 
  3. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and milk. 
  4. Mix this with flour mixture. 
  5. Fold in blueberries.  
  6. Fill muffin cups 2/3.
  7. Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.



The original recipe called for making 8 large muffins and they had a crumb topping.  I eliminated the crumb topping and increased the muffins to 10 and it was still 6 PointsPlus per muffin.  But they were good.  I ate one before I calculated the Points.

No comments:

Post a Comment