Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Amy's Tuna Mac

I made Amy's tuna mac for the first time this summer today.  I couldn't find the recipe so I wasn't sure whether I got all the ingredients, but after I made it and I wanted to figure out the PointsPlus value, I realized that I had posted it on Weight Watchers in my recipes last year.  And I remembered all the ingredients.
According to Amy the "key" ingredients are the specific pickles, Heinz Premium Dills.  I have never found them here, but we can get them in Pittsburgh when we go to visit Larry's daughter.  And Amy can get them from her brother in New Hampshire.  And the other necessity is Miracle Whip, not Mayo, but Miracle Whip.
Amy's Tuna Mac
Ingredients:
12 oz pasta cooked al dente
3 - 6 oz. cans tuna
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
3 cups chopped Heinz Dill pickles
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
Salt and Pepper to taste
 Chop, chop, chop and combine all the ingredients.

Before I added the Miracle Whip I took some out so it wouldn't be as fattening but much to my surprise, when I calculated the points, it turns out that Miracle Whip only has 1 PointsPlus per tablespoon. 


1 cup of pasta salad - 4 PointsPlus.




No comments:

Post a Comment