Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Michael

My cousin Michael came to visit yesterday.  Today is his birthday so it was perfect timing.  I was able to give him a "hard copy" birthday card, hand delivered.  We sat around and caught up and then drove into town and walked around so I could pick out the restaurant I wanted to eat at.  Everyone said the choice had to be mine because I'm the picky one.  
Before we left I thought I wanted to go to Sazio because they have Sesame Encrusted Tuna Salad on their menu.  But of course I had to check out all the menus on the Avenue before I could make my final decision.  And the final decision was Sazio.  We had to wait a bit for an outside table.  There was one with a couple of guys who had already paid their bill and were just chatting and finishing their drinks.  It was worth the short wait because it was in a perfect people watching spot.  Larry and I got the Tuna Salad and believe it or not, I forgot to take a picture of it.  It was beautiful and delicious with a side of fresh ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.  Michael got the portobello, chicken sandwich special with mozzarella cheese.  The portions were huge and we managed to eat every last drop.

We stopped at Publix on the way home and got the individual serving Jolly Time popcorn 10/$10, the same sale as when we were here last year a long with all the other things we needed.  I love Publix buy one get one free deals.  They actually have things I want.

After we were back, Michael and I took a short walk to check out the park that leads to the beach a few blocks down from here.  Before you knew it, it was cocktail time and then it was 8:00 PM.

After Michael left, we watched The Tourist that we had taken out on DVD from Blockbusters at Publix.

No comments:

Post a Comment