Friday, October 22, 2010

More LA

This is the reason Greta went to LA.  She wanted to check out the billboards that were put up all around the area.
We took a tour of LA, Hollywood and the stars homes in Beverly Hills. I think it's less expensive to buy a house in Beverly Hills than Old Greenwich.   



At night we went to LA Live  and had Sushi at Katsuya

Before going home on Friday we drove to Santa Monica.  We were so lucky, after having a couple of cloudy days, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.

We rented bikes and rode down to Venice and back.  In this picture I'm trying out the one that Greta got.  It was fun but you had to pedal more.  Coming back, the wind was right at us so we got a little workout.
We had lunch at the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica and then headed back to the airport.  On the way home,  Business class on the plane was even better than going, at least as far as the meal.  We came home during dinner and I probably ate more points on that flight than I have for any meal since I started Weight Watchers in December.

We started with a glass of wine and a bowl of nuts - and that was just my portion of the nuts.
The next course had a roll, prosciutto and melon consomme and a salad.
Then filet cooked to perfection, bernaise sauce, mashed potatoes and grilled veggies - carrot, green beans and red onion.
And if that wasn't enough - a hot fudge sundae for dessert.
I doubt whether I will be flying business class again, so I didn't want to miss any of it.  We watched the rest of Date Night on the way back and then I started watching Sex and the City 2 but didn't have enough time to finish.  Had to get in my fill of "chick flix."

No comments:

Post a Comment