Today I cooked up a storm, or maybe a breeze this morning. Then I had to clean up some of the rooms so that the cleaning lady that's coming tomorrow can find what needs to be cleaned. I made a batch of oatmeal cookies, the recipe is here
and then made the roasted red peppers using the peppers I bought the other day.
Roasted Red Peppers from Closet Cooking
1. Cut the red peppers in half, remove the stem and seeds.
2. Place the red peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
3. Preheat the oven to 450F and then change it to broil.
4. Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 10-20 minutes.
5. Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily "pinch" off.
For dinner we had a salad and spaghetti squash.