Thursday, December 10, 2009

Almond Crescents

I'm making these to bring to Betty's cookie exchange. Before I eat any, I have to calculate the points which I'll add to the end of the recipe.


This is the picture I took after I made them.




This is the picture that came with the recipe. They used a lot more powdered sugar and better lighting. They look prettier, shape is much better, but doesn't all that sugar get caught in your throat and all over your clothes? I shook a lot of my sugar off.
I added a lot more sugar and took another pic.   There's a ton of sugar on them.  I guess that's what food photographers do.


Almond Crescents

makes about 48 cookies

Planning note: Dough must be refrigerated for at least 4 hours before baking.


1 cup butter or margarine, softened (24 pts)
1/3 cup sugar (5 pts)
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 can Solo or 1 jar Baker Almond filling (20 pts)
2 cups all-purpose flour (19 pts)

Confectioners sugar

Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in almond extract and almond filling until blended. Stir in flour with wooden spoon to make stiff dough. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until dough is no longer sticky.

Preheat oven to 325° F.

Dust hands with flour. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into small tapered crescents about 21/2 inches apart.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks 1 minute. Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks. Dust with confectioners sugar while cookies are still warm. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.

Points - 1.5 per cookie when there are 48 cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment