Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shrimp Creole

I went to Ann's for a girl's dinner. Larry was playing tennis so he ate early. I brought some wine and bread - Sourdough and Whole Grain from Panera's. There were five of us and we had appetizers and wine and then a wonderful shrimp creole dinner. Ann gave me the recipe that's included here, it was her mother's. After coffee Patsy and Ann M left but Ann, Patti and I went in the hottub. A great evening and another easy dinner ;-)

Creole Sauce
2 T butter ¼ cup chopped onion
1 minced clove garlic
6 minced green olives
1 ½ cups canned tomatoes (I use petite diced)
½ chopped green pepper ½ bay leaf
A pinch of thyme
1 t chopped parsley
1 t white or brown sugar
1/3 t salt
A few grains cayenne
¼ cup chili sauce
Heat butter over low heat Add and cook onion, garlic and olives (covered). Add everything else and cook until thick (about 50 minutes). Add shrimp (or chicken) and cooked until tender. Serve over rice. Makes about 2 cups. I almost always double it (what will you do with ½ a green pepper after all???)… it freezes really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment